Bresdin's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Jul 03, 2008

liked it
Recommended to Bresdin by: My best friend Selina
Recommended for: People who desire a G-rated corny love story.
Read in August, 2008

Alright first of all I cannot even begin to review this book without agreeing to what Meg *down below* wrote. I agree one hundred percent. I say that I love these books however I sit and complain to my poor boyfriend about how upset they make me with each page I read. I will not begin to explain myself since Meg has already explained it and captured the true problems of these stories. And like her, I desperately love the books anyways.
The only solution I can come up with is that maybe it’s because they are corny, overly-clichéd books. They are so simple and disgustingly predictable that makes me love the books. Absolutely zero thinking is required to read these books. They are simple plain and overly-state every young woman’s dream of being swooped up by a beyond attractive vampire and be granted immortality and love that is so genuine it can only be read about in Shakespeare plays and Stephenie Meyers books. I read the book to show that love that strong and unbreakable is only possible to young teens who are snatched away by mythical creatures. Hell, maybe one day Harry Potter will fly down from the sky and fall desperately in love with one of the thousand poor girls dreaming it.

This is exactly why we love this book. We desire love this pure and corny. Don’t ever ask me why.

Oh and the idea of being able to have sex all night long without getting tired... that might be it as well.(Which was a little strange in my eyes by the way)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

Denys L.H. It's cool that you're aware about the negatives you're reading about these books and still like them as they are! :)