BookChic Club's Reviews > The Screwed Up Life of Charlie the Second

The Screwed Up Life of Charlie the Second by Drew Ferguson

Jan 14, 2012

Just putting this out there right away, this book is VERY explicit when it comes to sexual matters, particularly solo and with another guy. It is pretty much erotica with plot, and I do mean that in the best way possible because I really did enjoy this book. However, I do think that it pretty much limits the audience due to the amount and detail of sex that happens throughout the book. While I had no problem with it (being a gay man myself), it may make other people uncomfortable reading it. But aside from that, this is a really good book and does handle the various issues it raises very well. Charlie is a character that I relate to pretty well, and some of his thoughts regarding overall issues, such as say, first times in the bedroom, are very similar to my own. He's also very sarcastic and funny, which made the book such a pleasure to read since it's all told through his journal writings. Also, there are a lot of "Awww" moments throughout the book, which were very sweet and romantic and did actually make me say "Aww" out loud several times. While I do like the ending that's there, it's not the one that I would've picked or wanted, but it is the most realistic, so I'm not terribly upset by it. But it does end on a good note, which is always a good thing. Definitely recommended if you don't mind a large quantity of gay sex scenes, and obviously, this will be found in the adult fiction section.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Screwed Up Life of Charlie the Second.

Finished Reading