Nicole's Reviews > The Nutcracker Curse

The Nutcracker Curse by Margo Ryerkerk

First let me say that this cover is straight fire, and so accurate for this story; beautiful and full of intrigue).

I love Clara. She is a spitfire. She is kind and caring. Very loyal to her family, Vienna and herself. Through out this novel, I really liked the theme of kindness and loyalty. There is a quote something like never stop being kind and brave, those qualities will always be rewarded. And that is honestly what this world needs more of. I like when a story can have all of these fantasy elements but really hold true to our world and real life.

This novel gets super exciting real quick because it is told from two points of view. The other being Clara's step-sister Griselda. She is a shifter and can turn into a mouse. She was imprisoned by the King when he found out her secret. Because of her anger and hatred towards the King and Clara she has been scheming to curse Clara.

Margo does a great job of creating this world full of wonderful characters, complex situations and a fascinating story line. There is a love story element that is just beautiful to watch grow and blossom. Clara really finds out more about herself during this journey, her strength and determination is really inspiring. And not all the characters are as they seem. The action and high stakes of this curse start right from the get-go. I read this novel in one sitting and I needed to know if Clara was going to be okay or if ultimately she would succumb to this curse from Griselda.

I like how this novel ends and really set up the next in this series. There will be 3 novels so far; they can be read as stand-alone novels or as a series with Easter eggs for those that have completed this first novel

I cannot wait to jump right into the next installment in this Fairy Tale land.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nutcracker Curse.

December 6, 2018 – Shelved