Roxie Prince's Reviews > The Machines of Theda

The Machines of Theda by C.E. Clayton

Read this review and more on my blog at [Roxie Writes].

‘The Monster of Selkirk: Book III: The Machines of Theda’ by C.E. Clayton
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5/5
Finished on November 21, 2018
$3.99 on Kindle | $18.50 in Paperback

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
In an effort to put the events in Selkirk behind them, Tallis and Tomas travel by ship to a new an exotic land — one in which machines and people have merged. People live with mechanical organs and limbs powered by something not completely understood.

Tallis wants to lay low and heal her broken and guilty heart, but the elves of Theda have other plans for her. They know who she is — what she is, and they want her help.

On top of that, there’s something about Theda that brings out a painful ache deep inside Tallis. It gives her nightmares filled with visions she cannot ignore. Since she’s the only one experiencing these things, no one believes there’s anything nefarious going on in Theda.

Tallis is finding that wherever she goes, danger trails her like a mischievous shadow, following her every step.

MY REVIEW:

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite series I’ve ever read.

Have you ever had a moment like this? You read something that just makes you stop and say, “This is good writing.” That’s what reading Clayton’s work did to me. Clayton’s writing flows beautifully, the world she’s created is full and rich, and her characters are vibrant and real. She truly knows how to write and write well.

‘The Machines of Theda’ is the third book in the Monster of Selkirk series. It picks up seamlessly from where the second book left off, and immediately throw you into the action and lives of Tomas and Tallis as they try to find a new life in a steampunk-esque city.

Their blossoming relationship is weaved into a larger plot, and the way they struggle to find their own personal happiness amidst that larger plot feels real and honest. Both characters are complex and complicated in their feelings and actions. There’s real depth to why they make the choices they do. There’s nothing two-dimensional about Clayton’s characters.

I cannot wait to see what happens for these two in the next installment. Give this series a read. I promise you won’t regret it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Machines of Theda.

Started Reading