N.N. Light's Reviews > Sleight of Hand

Sleight of Hand by Julie Rowe

CDC Doctor Gunner Anderson goes through partners faster than most men change clothes. His problem is he doesn’t have time to hold someone’s hand and coddle them. He needs a strong partner, someone who’ll go into battle with him and be able to handle it. His boss gives him one last partner and it’s Gunner’s last chance. Enter Joy Oshiro, a wise-cracking former military nurse who makes his body ache with urgings he hasn’t felt in years. But he doesn’t have time to stop and think about this attraction because there’s an outbreak of e coli infecting college students. As the cases and deaths rise, it becomes clear someone is poisoning a local brewery’s beer kegs. Gunner and Joy must race against time to stop the outbreak before more die. Can Gunner and Joy work through their PTSD issues together, forging a relationship and stop the terrorists or are they the next victims?

Sleight of Hand is an adrenaline rush start to finish and the best book in the Outbreak Task Force series. Having fallen for Gunner in a previous book, I was thrilled to read his heartbreaking story. Gunner and Joy are perfect partners, both professionally and romantically, with compelling backstories and off the chart chemistry. Rowe sheds light on how PTSD affects doctors and military alike for years, not just a few days. Plenty of twists and turns make this a must read, especially if you’re a fan of romantic suspense. Myself, I couldn’t put it down and read it in one sitting. Highly recommend!

Disclaimer: I received and ARC from Entangled Publishing via Netgalley in the hopes I'd review it.

Favorite Character/Quote: Joy. Not only is she a fantastic nurse and the perfect partner for Gunner, she’s flawed and it’s her dark side which made me love her. Sarcastic, witty and has a flair for baking pumpkin treats. . . a wonderful character and a perfect example of what it takes to be a CDC/military nurse.

My Rating: 5 stars

Reviewed by: Mrs. N

This review first appeared: https://www.nnlightsbookheaven.com/si...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleight of Hand.

December 6, 2018 – Shelved