Mike's Reviews > Burned

Burned by P.C. Cast

7420695
Jan 14, 2012

Read in June, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Zoey Redbird is the youngest High Priestess in House of Night history and is the only person – vamp or fledgling – that can stop the evil Neferet from raising all kinds of immortal trouble. And she might just have a chance if she wasn’t so busy being dead.

Well, dead is too strong a word; maybe shattered is better, but it doesn't sound any better. Stevie Rae knows she can bring her BFF back from her unscheduled va-cay in the Otherworld. But it’s going to take a lot more than hoping to bring Zoey back. Stevie Rae will have to give up a few secrets of her own . . .

Plus, Aphrodite is in the middle of the whole mess. Trust fund baby, hag from hell, Prophetess, Aphrodite has been given an amazing gift. But can she learn to properly use it?

I had to put the summary in there first, 'cause I had to think of words small enough to describe Burned without writing a whole book about it.

Ohmigod.

Burned was epic. I wish I could give it 10 stars. The Casts are looking like they're gonna stick with the multiple-POV's thing, which is a good idea. There was WAYY less Zoey in this book than there was in the rest of the series. It was even darker than Untamed, too. I actually kind of feel sorry for Kalona in this one. If he'd just GO BACK TO NYX...

Stevie Rae is officially my favorite character. Don't worry, Aphrodite, you're up there with her. As said in my last review, I want more Stephaim. And Cast certainly delivered. Ohmigod. The tension between them was passionate and sexy. And the last scene... aww. I was heartbroken. But there was no clear indication that Stephaim wouldn't return in AWAKENED, the next installment. Yaayy!

Stark is my favorite male character. The Guardian journey he had to go through to save Zoey was amazing. And though it was really sad, I understood the thing about love and honor. Guardians don't rely on love to save them. They rely on honor. Stark had to see through his love for Zoey to truly become a Guardian.

Don't worry, HoN fans! Zoey Redbird IS back! She's back. The book ended on a major cliffhanger, though. -______________-

Yeah! Love ya.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burned.