Anne Milne's Reviews > Ache

Ache by S.M. Soto

The title of this book is so appropriate because that's exactly how I felt whilst reading. I've read a lot of books that deal with this subject but NONE have had such a profound effect on me. The writing is phenomenal the author very cleverly straddles that line between the emotion of the story and the love story.

I'm not going to pretend this is an easy read because it's not. My heart and soul ached for Bea. Several times I had to stop because I couldn't read the words in front of me. Saying that Bea is strong is too weak a description what she endures literally broke me. Liam is her first love her one and their separation didn't only affect Bea, he has missed her every day and when he comes back everything falls apart but In a good revelatory way. Of course Liam is an important part of the story how he deals with Bea when it all implodes is heartwarming.

This is a book I'm not going to forget Bea and Liam will stay with me for a long time. A story of resilience, a story of strength, a story of hope.

reviewed by Sweet Spot Sisterhood

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ache.

December 5, 2018 – Shelved