Katie Fitzgerald's Reviews > The Gun Also Rises

The Gun Also Rises by Sherry Harris

2281988
I love that Sarah spends this book organizing a collection of mystery novels for a sale! It was fun to see the titles and authors that were mentioned as she worked on the job. The main mystery plot, involving a stolen Ernest Hemingway manuscript, was also entertaining (if a bit far-fetched), and the author did a nice job of organically involving many of Sarah's friends and acquaintances in different parts of the story. Because the only books I've read from this series are this one and the book directly preceding it, I wasn't always familiar with the backstory involving some of the supporting characters. This caused me some confusion, but I assumed that those who have read the series in order would be familiar with those people and their presence would be more meaningful for those readers. Overall, this book is a light, gentle read filled with a nice mix of humor and suspense, and just enough surprises to keep the reader guessing. It was nice to be back in the world of this series, and while I wait for the next book, I'll be digging into the earlier titles, all of which I have purchased for Kindle.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gun Also Rises.

December 5, 2018 – Shelved