Shawn's Reviews > Where Secrets Lie

Where Secrets Lie by D.S. Butler

I thoroughly enjoyed the story with all it's twists and turns. Unraveling all the mysteries surrounding a man's disappearance thirty years earlier was fascinating. The case begins when an old man takes a stumble down a set of stairs. The old man telling the police not to go upstairs just makes them wonder what he's hiding. Never did they expect to find a dusty old suitcase with a body inside. Each new discovery in the case made me want to turn the page and keep reading. I found myself saying, "I didn't see that coming" several times. Predictable storylines happen all the time so it was really refreshing to be surprised. It felt like I was investigating with Karen and her team.

At the same time, details revealed about the personal lives and histories of the individuals on the police force made the story that more interesting. DI Morgan has his past trying to catch up with him. Sophie is full of dreams and still needs to learn a few things, like patience.

I did struggle a little keeping up with the character names. Switching how the characters were referenced was confusing at times. With that said, it was an enjoyable book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Secrets Lie.

December 5, 2018 – Started Reading