Sam's Reviews > Hide & Seek

Hide & Seek by Aimee Laine

Jan 14, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-release, i-won-this, arc, book-with-gorgeous-boy, amazing-covers, e-book

Read more of my reviews at Falling Books

A book full of romance and charming characters.

Lie, cheat or steal, no one can catch Tripp Fox. Except one woman.

Lexi Shepherd’s knack for finding whatever is asked of her isn’t sheer luck. It’s a gift from the Greek god Zeus. That Lexi doesn’t use her ability to search for “Mr. Right” comes from one of many personal rules she has set for herself. Number one is not to let fate dictate her future.

Falling in love with Tripp breaks all the others.

Despite her principles, Lexi’s unable to stay away from the bad boy, and she finds herself toeing the grey line of the law for him.

Zeus, though, didn’t give Lexi and Tripp their talents to make their relationship a simple, easy alliance. He designed it to be exactly the opposite. Impossible. Always. With their separation, Lexi expects Tripp to forfeit love in favor of destiny. He, on the other hand, intends to beat Zeus at his own game. With a plan in place, Tripp challenges Lexi to take the one action no one else can.

Find him. The question isn’t can she ... but will she?

Looking at the cover you must be thinking, "Damn, that guy is hot.", but when you read the book you will fall in love with the character, Tripp Fox. He thinks no one can catch him, until he meets his match. Lexi, a beautiful girl who captures his heart, but there's a problem. Tripp is going to marry Jill, a daddy's girl, with all the money she can get her hands on. And on top of that, Tripp and Lexi aren't supposed to be together. They have powers that were not ment to meet; not meant to bond.

I found myself being pulled into the story of Hide & Seek. Tripp and Lexi's relationship had me in awe. When they met something clicked and they couldn't seem to stay apart. I felt the ending was the MOST ROMANTIC scene I've ever read. If only a boy would go to such trouble for me. Tripp Fox, be mine?

I never thought it'd be so addictive. When I first saw the title, I wasn't quite sure what it'd be about. This is what went through my mind:

What?! Hide & Seek? A book about people going PEE-KA-BOO! Huh? This doesn't sound overly interesting?

But then I read the blurb:

Must. Find. Book.

I can't wait to see what the second book is about! Maybe new characters? Or maybe we can read more about the future of Tripp and Lexi! For now, I will have to check out Aimee's other novels. Make sure you do to! I recommend this for older readers who love a good romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide & Seek.

January 14, 2012 – Shelved
January 14, 2012 – Shelved as: i-won-this
January 14, 2012 – Shelved as: arc
January 14, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-release
January 14, 2012 – Shelved as: book-with-gorgeous-boy
January 16, 2012 – Started Reading
January 26, 2012 –
page 5
1.52% "Finally started it!"
January 28, 2012 –
page 155
46.97% "I'm really getting into this!"
February 3, 2012 –
page 197
59.7% "This book is hot."
February 4, 2012 – Shelved as: amazing-covers