Jen's Reviews > Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

bookshelves: 2013-reading-challenge, series-paranormal-romance, shadowhunter-world, ebook-copies, young-adult

***UPDATE! 03/30/13***
Please scroll down to read my review! :D

OH MY FREAKIN GOD! It's released! AND I HAVE THE COPY! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read it!

[image error]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm tired of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so FREAKIN pissed!

HEY WAIT! *Scrolled down. Saw the other reviews. Read a few. Counted 1 to 10... Scrolled back up. Saw my review...*

WHOA! 102 LIKES!? Seriously!? That's SSSOOOOO cool! That's the most number of likes I've ever gotten in a review!***

THANKS GUYS!

***Talking to myself: Now... Should I add more to this VERY long review and make it EXTREMELY long... Come to think of it... Once I've read the book and decided to add MORE, it's gonna be... Can't think of another adverb to put before the word "long" but I get the point. Anyway, I can't keep my fingers off the keyboard! MORE MORE MORE!***

Dear Cassie Clare,

PLEASE RELEASE THE BOOK NOW! :(
I just quit my job and I'm now officially a bum.
For me not to become a TOTAL couch potato and loser, please help me make my time more productive by releasing this book and letting me read it. I'd really appreciate it.

Love,
JEN, the almost-but-not-exactly-a-couch-potato-YET-but-soon-to-be-one :D

P.S.
I know that you don't want your fans to be like this, so can you kindly give us what we want? Pretty please with a scoop of ice cream on top??? :D :D :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GOD!!! (<-- THIS has become my favorite word for Cassandra Clare's books!)
I'm going to go CRAZY!
I think I already AM crazy...
When is November coming!? (<-- Well, I suppose it will come after October, but you get it!)

Oh my! I plucked some of my hair off! Like for real!
So ALL my family members will have to celebrate their birthdays first before I find out what happens to my dearest JEM...

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!
What a terrible thought!!!!!

Hhhmmm... Hold on...
Why does it have a rating? It's not even out yet.
How can you rate a book if you haven't even read it? DUH!
It doesn't even have a cover so you can't rate that either.
Weird... Freakin weird...

I wonder what will happen.
I'm glad that, FINALLY, the heroine chose the right guy.
BECAUSE the bad guy always gets the girl.
BECAUSE the bad guy is always the leading man.
BECAUSE the bad guy is always the HOTTEST!
Why does it work that way!? (Well, so sorry, but I have a soft spot for unwanted guys!)
I have nothing against Will but for once, I just want the good guy to win.
But I'm pretty sure that Tessa doesn't love Jem as much as she loves Will.
And just thinking about that makes me want to come up to her, scream and say:
"WHAT THE HELL!? ARE YOU BLOODY SERIOUS!? ARE YOU FREAKIN BLIND!? JEM IS THE ONE!"

My heart breaks into a million pieces whenever I think of Jem's love for Tessa and Will's love for his parabatai Jem.
I think Will's love for Jem is greater than his love for Tessa.

UGH!!!
I need to read a different book to temporarily forget my yearning for The Infernal Devices.
Can't you just release this first before The Mortal Instruments???
I love TMI but TID is so much better!
OH MY JEM!

OH GOD!
I just read the synopsis for this book!
I think I lost a part of my heart!
Jem can't die!
He better NOT die!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I already turned a year older.
Gloomy Birthday for me.
Not only because of that stupid PRINGLES!!!
But also because I still don't have this book in my hands!

Wait a minute...
Is that the cover???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This review is definitely getting LOOOONNNNGGGEEERRRRR.
Hey, where else can I vent out my frustration if the people around me are not into books?
No matter how much I tell them, "I AM SLOWLY DYING DAY BY DAY BECAUSE CASSIE CLARE DOESN'T WANT TO RELEASE CLOCKWORK PRINCESS THIS YEAR!!! MY ARTERIES ARE ON THE VERGE OF EXPLODING BECAUSE OF THE ANGUISH THAT I AM TRYING TO CONTROL!", they would just say, "What the heck are you talking about??? Get the fuck away from me you weirdo!"

DOUBLE FRUSTRATING!

So these rumors that I've been reading about the release of this book are already facts???
2013!!??? SERIOUSLY???
I'm about to get a heart attack any moment now...
I definitely need a rune of patience. One anti-depressant rune would help too...

Is that Tessa!?
GOD SHE'S SO HOOOOOOT for her time!
No wonder Will and Jem are going nuts!
She's definitely prettier than Clary! (NO OFFENSE GIRL!)

Is it just me or can you also see that this cover is a bit different from the first two books? I mean Tessa here looks REALISTIC. Will and Jem look like animation characters in their covers...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t know what to say...
Where do I start?
I can’t even compose myself and gather my thoughts together!

But as forethought:
Honestly, I don’t know whether I should write in the past or present tense! Foreigner here! Help me out! God as an OC, I find it annoying that I don’t know what tense I should use in writing reviews-slash-rants! I know reviews should be in present tense but rants and spoilers? Nevermind! Now writing at my own risk!

You read at your own risk! :D

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Princess.

January 14, 2012 – Shelved
March 23, 2013 – Started Reading
March 24, 2013 –
0.0% "This book is killing me! KILLING ME, I tell you! I need CPR! Oh my Jem! =(("
March 29, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013-reading-challenge
March 29, 2013 – Finished Reading
February 10, 2014 – Shelved as: series-paranormal-romance
July 2, 2014 – Shelved as: shadowhunter-world
May 8, 2018 – Shelved as: ebook-copies
May 8, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

Dani Yes! I totally agree!!! And now that Tessa said yes to Jem, I really hope that she does love Jem more than Will. Because if she just marries him because she gave him her word thats not being nice to Jem and Will AND herself. Jem deserves the BEST!!!!

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Touche! If Tessa cannot love Jem more than she loves Will, she should not marry him! But I also don't want Jem to be heartbroken! Oh this is so confusing!

Nicole Haha, you're funny.
I think I might be the only one on Team Will.

Nicole @Jen Carstairs! I KNOW. If only Sophie didn't fall in love with Gideon or whatever his name is. Then he could be with her, because she loves him. I think it's unfair to marry someone when you love someone else more.

Dani I actually really like the fact that Sophie and Gideon are a "secret" couple. I do hope they end up together. I think that would be nice.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't worry @Nicole Hocott I am team will too!:D

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen @Nicole: We are in different teams but we have the same opinion! Cool!

@Dani: I like the two of them as a couple. :D

@Nicole and Dani: It would be unfair for Sophie to be married to Jem since he doesn't love her. So she better end up with Gideon. :D Watcha think???

Dani @Jen Carstairs: Yup definitely with Gideon. Since were Mix & Matching couples, what about Gabriel? Am I the only one who kinda feels sorry for the guy.

message 9: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen @Dani: He's an a-hole! Hahahaha! But I felt sorry for him after he found out that his dad isn't as good as he thought.

message 10: by Jodie (new)

Jodie This is one of the longest review I have ever seen!

message 11: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Jodie wrote: "This is one of the longest review I have ever seen!"

message 12: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Jen Carstairs wrote: "Jodie wrote: "This is one of the longest review I have ever seen!"

It is a good thing because I was totally laughing out loud! We as readers will always have those 'spazz-moments'!
So to be clear: NICE REVIEW :D

message 13: by Jen (last edited Mar 30, 2013 08:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Jodie wrote: "Jen Carstairs wrote: "Jodie wrote: "This is one of the longest review I have ever seen!"

Is that good or bad? I hope it's good! :D Waited for a long time for CP2 so the thoughts just piled up! :D"..."

Thank you SO MUCH! :D

Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing) Well, In COHF, Jace and Clary find the cure for Jem. Atleast, thats what I heard.