Chris's Reviews > The Promise of Jenny Jones

The Promise of Jenny Jones by Maggie Osborne

The feeling was amazing.

I was amazed and dazed. Never thought I had this powerful urge to curse and kill someone mentally who is "fictionally alive" at the same time laughed like a loco too. The story itself was a piece of art, a tale of life and promise - a promise that is NOT meant to be broken.

Ty Sanders second son of Cy Sanders. Rebel and independent man who answers for himself alone. He had a major role for the heroine's life. Forced by an errand, his life undergone roller coaster once he step in Mexico. An errand that will transform his life, forever.

Jenny Jones was a hell-a-lot of a man, living inside of a woman's body. She was rigid as a tree and aggressive as a buffalo. Lived and born in slums.

I've taken in wash, I've skinned buffalo carcasses, which is the worst job on this planet, I've signed on as a roustabout, and most recently, I've driven a mule team and hauled freight for the Comden outfit. Except for washing, none of those jobs is what you'd call women's work.

She earned her keeps and she's fricking good in her job too. She was not a lady nor a girl. She lived in a way she only knew, and she never cared to anyone who begrudgingly askancing her. Though, I admit she had her own sets of fault because of her upbringing. What truly caught my attention was her undying promise. An irrevocable and eternal promise only few who knew how to use it.

Honesty is all I've got.

And she took the promise by heart. I really love her character to the bone. A woman with dignity and honor. With this mind-set, she had another chance to live her life.

Major decisions, passion, hope and love...all mixed up in this juicy novel.

This is a beautiful story created by a master in the romance genre. Once again, Miss Maggie Osborne enamored our young hopeful hearts to believe that there is love somewhere between good and evil.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Promise of Jenny Jones.

Quotes Chris Liked

Maggie Osborne
“Say yes, Jenny. Promise you'll marry me. Promise you'll still be here, driving me crazy and loving me when we're little and old and surrounded by grandchildren. Promise that you'll let me love you until I take my last breath. Promise.”

Maggie Osborne
“Go to sleep now and rest. Our job is done. You kept your promise, and I kept mine...”

Maggie Osborne
“Honesty is all I've got," she said finally, speaking in a low voice. "I don't have family. I don't have beauty, or a man. I don't have money, and I sure as hell don't have a future. All I've got to prop up my pride is my word." Her chin rose. "When Jenny Jones says something, you can bet your last peso that it's true.”
Maggie Osborne, The Promise of Jenny Jones

01/22/2012 "Arrgh. I so want to hit the child. really! How will she survive alone? Good thing Jenny had a lots of patience." 2 comments
05/23/2016 marked as: read