Mandy J. Hoffman's Reviews > 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health

1198438
Jan 13, 2012

bookshelves: i-own, kindlebooks, counseling

MY REVIEW:

Have you, like myself, wondered about your spiritual growth? Have you wished for a way to know whether you are growing in your walk with God or not? If so, this is a book you will enjoy! Whitney's 10 question guide will help you diagnose your spiritual health and in some cases, it may be the tool that diagnosis whether there is life at all.

I first heard about this book from several teachers at a Biblical counseling conference and was immediately intrigued by the idea of being able to diagnose my spiritual status. As the title suggests, it walks you through ten questions that help you get an understanding of where you are spiritually. While there is no scale, therefore there is no physical measurement of your spiritual well-being, this book is a tool to gain a better understanding of areas that need improvement and ways in which to do so. It is not the ultimate tool or ultimate test, but it can be a great aid to challenge, convict, and encourage you in your walk with Christ.

At first I was excited at this new "magic formula" that was sure to help me. But I quickly found, that as any good author should, Whitney takes you to Scripture for the source of our spiritual evaluation. Ten Questions is a informative first read that will easily become a quick reference manual to add to your bookshelf for future use. I highly benefited from this book and I think most Christians will if they use it in the proper context of which a tool should be used.

This explanatory and applicable read is good for older high school ages and on up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health.

May 8, 2009 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
January 13, 2012 – Started Reading
January 13, 2012 – Shelved as: kindlebooks
January 13, 2012 – Shelved as: counseling
January 13, 2012 – Shelved
January 13, 2012 – Shelved as: i-own
January 13, 2012 –
31.0% "I need this book in paperback!"
January 25, 2012 –
February 4, 2012 –
February 4, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz My friend is reading his book on spiritual disciplines to teach us at Bible study. Learning about spiritual disciplines has been the most beneficial study I've experienced in quite some time.