tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > The Diaries of Guglielmo Achille Cavellini 1975

The Diaries of Guglielmo Achille Cavellini 1975 by Guglielmo Achille Cavellini

liked it
bookshelves: artists-books

I liked this one but not as much as the ones w/ more pictures. This being one of Cavellini's earlier bks I don't think his style, or his networking, is as interesting as it became over the next few yrs. Many of the tales are of interest to me nonetheless - such as his description of the creation of a Daniel Spoerri dinner table - a table at wch various people sat & ate & placed objects so that they cd ultimately be taken away to be fixed in place on the table as a Fluxus art object:

"And finally we were all told to stop doing whatever we were doing and to leave the table just as it was, the table was picked up and carried out and nobody was supposed to touch it again. At the last moment I just barely managed to slip two of my catalogs on to it, for posterity. Viviana told me later that on one of the earlier evenings one of the guests wanted to substitute a silver fork with a cheap one, and another wanted to get a cheap lighter to leave instead of the one he had brought with him made of gold. Spoerri got quite angry about it."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Diaries of Guglielmo Achille Cavellini 1975.

Finished Reading