Denise Larkin's Reviews > What Matters Most

What Matters Most by Helen Bea Kirk

liked it

What Matters Most by Helen Bea Kirk is a romantic and happy heartfelt story with a steady plot. It’s about a woman called Meagan who has lost everything including her husband and her family possessions. With her husband, Paxton, dead and buried she is robbed of all her memories and possessions. The story moves on when she decides to apply for a job as King’s housemaid. King begins to fall for Meagan along with his mother who has been deeply taken with her too. Meagan seems to be talented at most things according to King and he feels he wants to help her. Meagan is also on the hunt for her stolen possessions which becomes messy in the process.

It was an interesting story to read and I couldn’t wait to find out how Meagan and King’s relationship would develop. The romance between Meagan and King was suttle throughout the story. I thought there would be a passion between them at some point but there wasn’t. I found it hard to tell if they wanted one another or not at first. I itched for them to kiss or do something that would show some kind of interest in a romance. Also, I believe a much tighter edit would benefit this book. I don’t like to say much about a book’s edit usually but I feel that this story has great potential.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Matters Most.

December 4, 2018 – Shelved