Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Flimflam Affair

The Flimflam Affair by Bill Pronzini

liked it
bookshelves: read-2019

The Flimflam Affair is the seventh book in the "A Carpenter and Quincannon Mystery" series and the very first book I've read. I was drawn to the book because I like to read books set in the Wild West and I love historical mystery books. It's not a thick book, but the author managed to squeeze in three different cases. Still, the book never felt rushed and I felt that it cases dealt with and was solved with enough focus on them.

As a new reader is the main "problem" that Carpenter and Quincannon are new to me and their new romantic status is absolutely pleasant to read about. However, I do think if you have read the previous books will this new status probably feel a lot more interesting to read about. Perhaps even something that readers have felt they have looked forward to reading about. I did find Carpenter and Quincannon to be pleasant characters, I just didn't really love them. They have an interesting history together that I would like to read more about. I would very much like to read the series from the beginning.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Flimflam Affair.

December 4, 2018 – Shelved
December 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 4, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
January 12, 2019 – Started Reading
January 13, 2019 –
January 13, 2019 – Shelved as: read-2019
January 13, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sherry Powell It was the 7th book in the series.

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Sherry wrote: "It was the 7th book in the series."

Thanks, will change it to the 7th! :)