Diane Lynch's Reviews > On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice by Julie Cross

bookshelves: ebook, hockey-romance, paperback

Julie Cross scores a hat trick with the third book in the Juniper Falls series, ON THIN ICE. Hockey captain, Jake Hammond, is tasked with helping coach the new girl’s hockey team after being injured during a hazing ritual. He discovers that there is more to life then hockey as he gets to know the new girl, Brooke Parker. This story is suitable for young adults. It takes place in Juniper Falls, Minnesota.

I liked Brooke. She has had to deal with a difficult home life situation that caused her to relocate from Austin, Texas to Juniper Falls to live with her grandma. She decides to try out for the new girl’s hockey team to fit in and make friends. I love Jake. He is brave and has great values. I appreciated that he owns up to his mistakes and takes a stand to do what is right. I like how Brooke and Jake get to know each other. They come into each other’s lives at a point where they really need each other to help them deal with their situations. To outsiders, they might seem like a strange couple, but they help save each other (literarily and figuratively).

Julie Cross does an amazing job with this novel. The name of the book is very clever. The plot was skillfully executed. The topic of hazing is relevant and important. ON THIN ICE is a story of courage and doing what is right. The novel had a perfect ending. I love how characters from the previous books (like Mike Steller) were tied to the outcome of this novel. This has become my favorite book in the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Thin Ice.

December 4, 2018 – Shelved