Franjessca 's Reviews > Touch Me

Touch Me by Callie Croix

Jan 13, 2012

bookshelves: book-to-review, netgalley-arc, contemporary-romance, books-read-in-2012
Read from January 27 to February 03, 2012

3.5 Stars, Review can also be found on Book Lovin' Mamas

I love reading books that have some terrific endings to them and also has a lesson learned to it. The character Tia, is going through a divorce with her husband, David (who by the way I want to go into the book and punch him) What a friggin' jerk. I can't stand man that belittles a woman's self esteem. Tia just wants a fresh start to a new life and she wants to forget her ex-husband (but he makes it difficult for her). She has been living at Alex's house while he was on tour of duty. He is sent home after being injured. He wants to do everything in his power to make Tia realize how much he cares about her. He wants to help her through her ordeals. Alex is definitely a REAL Man in my eyes.

I love how the Author goes back and forth into Tia and Alex's heads. We found out exactly what Alex and Tia wants. Alex brings out out Tia's fantasies of being submissive. Something her ex never understood or even liked. Once Tia realizes what Alex's intentions are with her, she finally realizes there are Men out there that care about a Woman's feelings. The best part was the ending of the book, where she gets over her fears with her Ex and moves on finally. It took awhile for it to lead up to that, and sometimes I was a little upset with Tia's character. How she wanted to push even Alex out of her life to save him. How come she didn't realize in the beginning this Man loved her, I just didn't get it. He even tried to tell her in the beginning, but she was clueless.

I recommend this read for anyone who loves a happy ending and wants to learn what some Women actually go through. Alex caters to Tia's feelings and loves her for what she fantasizes. Some Men don't understand that. Sometimes you have to let the Woman decide what she wants...believe me, not all Women like to be the dominated kind...they prefer to be submissive.

I look forward to reading more books from Callie Croix soon. I also thoroughly enjoyed this book because it takes you into a world of actual circumstances that could happen when someone returns from War and such.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch Me.