Kathy - Books & Munches's Reviews > Godsgrave

Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff

bookshelves: read-in-2019

Pretty certain I will never even attempt to write a decent review on this sequel. I suck at reviews on sequels in usual cases, let alone with an amazing book like this one.

I adore Mia and her way of thinking. I love how she's this amazingly powerful assassin, while still showing her softer side. I love how she realizes she can't stop herself from caring about certain things.
As for Ash? Pleaaase give me more of that! I want to know what's on that girl's mind FOR SURE.
I do wish I got to see a bit more inside Furian's head during Godsgrave, but that's mostly because his character is so different compared to the others. They're all fleshed out - no doubt about that - but his character and way of thinking seems to be from a whole different planet or something.

I did see some of the "twists" coming a mile off though. But I didn't even mind since I was so lost in the story! I just kept on reading, even though I knew some things would eventually happen / be revealed and.. that's worth tons when it comes to predictable events.

Eh. I don't even know what else to write about this book. I just.. need the sequel. Why is it so far off still?! At least I know I'll have an amazing birthday - reading Darkdawn. Hopefully. If Amazon doesn't screw up again.

5 / 5!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Godsgrave.

December 3, 2018 – Shelved
December 3, 2018 – Shelved as: owned-tbr
January 11, 2019 – Started Reading
January 11, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "I'll probably end up hating myself for reading this already, with Darkdawn so far off and being warned about a cliffhanger, but since I put it in the holy #JanJamJar and pulled it out.. there's no going back.

TIME TO GET RUINED."
January 16, 2019 –
page 201
January 18, 2019 –
page 288
63.3% "Holy fucking smokes."
January 19, 2019 –
page 356
January 19, 2019 –
page 361
79.34% "Hm. This has deceit written all over it. 🤔"
January 19, 2019 – Finished Reading
January 20, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary S. R. Oh my god why is there NO TIME. this series is on my 2019 tbr!!! So I'm DYING to pick it up!
Great review Kathy!!