Rose Cimarron's Reviews > Renegade

Renegade by Donna Boyd

bookshelves: amazon, fiction, kindle-free-books, reviewed, sci-fi, wordpress-reviewed, 2012

I have not read any of the other Devoncroix books, but didn't feel that was a disadvantage in reading this book. In some ways, I suspect it might be a summary of the rest of the series, filling in some of the blanks between the books.

I found the story compelling, the switches between time-slots, genres and pace made for a rollercoaster ride. Moving from an action-packed flashback story to the current day in the kidnap location, where everything was gentile and calm was an effective technique.

The writing was eloquent and visual. This is obviously a well-developed universe and I didn't spot any internal inconsistencies.

The werewolves in this book/ series are different from those in many other stories. I liked the premise behind these better; it owes a lot to the sange real hypothesis, which then gives an explanation of how humans and werewolves might co-exist.

An excellent book I would recommend to readers of suspense and mystery books as well as lupus-lovers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Renegade.

January 5, 2012 – Started Reading