Brooke — brooklynnnnereads's Reviews > The Corner of Holly and Ivy

The Corner of Holly and Ivy by Debbie Mason

liked it

This was such a cute and heartwarming holiday read for the Christmas season.

Initially, prior to picking this book up, I was a little apprehensive about the fact that it was an installment in Debbie Mason's "Harmony Harbour" series. However, after hearing that each book in this series features a different main character and that each book could be read as a standalone, I felt much better. After reading this book, I can definitely attest to the fact that this book can be read individually without reading any of the other books in the series (even though I now want to pick up more of the books).

This was such an enjoyable book to read. Although it was cute, romantic, and gave me all the happy Christmas "feels", there also was so much more to the story. The story wasn't filled with a cast of perfect characters living in a perfect world. Each of the characters had their own struggles, their own insecurities, and their own flaws which made them relatable.

I also found that as much as this book is being promoted for Christmas, it actually featured multiple holidays and seasons (such as Halloween) so could really be read and enjoyed year round.

It definitely was a read that was cute and fun to read but also had some depth to it.

***Thank you to Forever Publishing and Hachette Book Group for sending me a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Corner of Holly and Ivy.

December 3, 2018 – Started Reading