Elin's Reviews > The Vesuvius Club

The Vesuvius Club by Mark Gatiss

Jan 13, 2012

bookshelves: owned

This book kept getting better, even before I started reading it. To begin with, I was thrilled to see that Mark Gatiss had written a book. Then I discovered he had written three books. After that I went to goodreads to see what the book was about, and I was ever so happy.
"Meet Lucifer Box: Equal parts James Bond and Sherlock Holmes, with a twist of Monty Python and a dash of Austin Powers, Lucifer has a charming countenance and rapier wit that make him the guest all hostesses must have. And most do."

Being a fan of all the characters mentioned, I promptly ordered the book and waited for it to arrive.
Getting the book in my hands, it just kept growing. With a quote by Stephen Fry on the cover I happily opened the book thinking it couldn't get much better. How wrong I was. PICTURES. If there is one thing I love, it's pictures in books.

As for the story itself, it did not disappoint. I marveled at the language, laughed at the jokes, and gasped at the twists. At times a bit silly (in lack of a better word), but never too childish. The plot is really interesting, the characters likewise. After finishing the book I felt like I wanted to continue with the second book as soon as possible. I would definitely recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vesuvius Club.

January 13, 2012 – Shelved
January 25, 2012 – Started Reading
January 25, 2012 –
page 11
4.58% ""It was all quite ghastly and I was very fond of it.""
January 28, 2012 –
page 37
January 31, 2012 –
page 48
February 1, 2012 –
page 67
27.92% "Which was a bloody lie but there you are."
February 2, 2012 –
page 103
February 2, 2012 – Finished Reading
February 21, 2012 – Shelved as: owned

Jessica Åh, Mark Gatiss minsann - du får rapportera om den är bra sen!