ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ's Reviews > The Last Resort

The Last Resort by Marissa Stapley

20515174
I really love supporting Canadian authors and Maria Stapley lives in Toronto, like me. I read her book Mating for Life and really enjoyed it. She knows how to write women's fiction, very well, so I was surprised to see a suspenseful novel by her. She really hit it out of the park with this one.

I liked the way the author moved from each main character and gave clear insight to their fears and insecurities. Each was living behind a facade which they projected to the public. What was going on in their personal life was very different from that. An interesting portrayal of broken down marriages, secrets and lies.

I liked the way the author wrote, switching from one perspective to another as their lives intertwined in the resort and during the different therapy groups. I also love the title as these couples and their marriages are on their last legs and they go to a resort to try and fix their relationships...loved the pun.

Thank you NetGalley, Marissa Stapley, Hogarth and HARLEQUIN - Graydon House Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheLastResort #NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Resort.

December 2, 2018 – Shelved