D.M.'s Reviews > Retrieve

Retrieve by Sarah Addison-Fox

Retrieve is the first book in a new series available on Kindle Unlimited. It’s a dystopian world. Survival is just the beginning.

Hadley is a female in a man's world. Her brother has gone missing and she has no means to look after herself. She needs food but her job prospects are looking slim. Now she has to leave her home if she doesn’t want to become a rich man's plaything.

Kade is part of the Stormer unit. His job is to retrieve the unattainable. Mission impossible, but when he does actually get the desired results he still gets in trouble because he didn’t follow protocol. There is a new guy in camp and a new mission. It’s simple, cross enemy lines and bring back the princess. His partner is the new guy but he has secrets and an agenda of his own.

Hadley dresses as a guy and takes refuge at a local warrior camp. She tries to stay under the radar long enough to gain some meat on her bones. Unfortunately, she’s about to be sent on a mission with Kade.

This is a potential romance novel with adventure. The plot is entertaining, I liked the world built around the characters and the twist made it exciting. This is the first book in a series, Retrieve is the first adventure. I can’t wait for the next book.

I’m a Kindle Unlimited subscriber but I received an ARC. The next book is due out at the end of January so not long to wait. My review is honest and my own. I would definitely recommend this book. 5 out of 5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Retrieve.

November 30, 2018 – Shelved
November 30, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 1, 2018 – Started Reading
December 3, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Lex (new)

Lex Kent Another great review! :)

D.M. Thanks:)