Olivia's Reviews > Warrior Nights

Warrior Nights by Sheryl Nantus

bookshelves: netgalley-reviews

"Warrior Nights" is an interesting fantasy/thriller with some romance elements. Kara shows up at Liam's door without any memories of her life or knowledge of where she has been- she only knows her and his names. Considering that Liam is going by a different name and hasn't seen Kara since the week they spent together in Vegas over a year ago, Liam is shocked by this turn of events. He takes Kara into town to try to track down who she was before.

Kara learns that Liam was an assassin who had a revelation when he was working as a mercenary and is working to turn his life around. He saw some soldiers come to take rations from a village, but the villagers had none to spare and the soldiers attacked. After the battle ended with many civilian casualties, valkyries came to take the civilians to Valhalla and other valkyries came for the soldiers. After that, he gave his money to charity and now gives back in whatever ways he can. He is trying to move forward in a better way- although he knows he cannot erase the red in his ledger, he wants to do some good with the rest of his life.

Kara is helping him and contributing for herself as well. Although she doesn't remember all of her past, she wants to do good also. As they spend more time together, their romance is rekindled. However, their happiness is soon to be short-lived when Liam's past catches up to him. Following with fantasy/thriller/action scenes, the book is very fast-paced and the romance takes a backseat to the overall plot of the battles/dangers.

I found the book really interesting and not quite what I expected- but enjoyable nonetheless. The story was really engaging, and like Kara and Liam, I also fell in love with the town and its people. It was easy to get invested in the story and in the backstory of the two main characters. I would definitely be interested in reading more from this world (but with even more romance!). There are some really great romance scenes in the first half of the book, but the second half is a little full of other things (e.g. battles and danger)- I'd be up for more in this case though! I would definitely recommend this book for people who like fantasy/thriller type stories with a dose of romance!

Please note that I received an ARC from the publisher through netgalley. All opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warrior Nights.

November 30, 2018 – Shelved