Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s Reviews > Little Darlings

liked it
bookshelves: arcs, read-in-2018, creepy-books

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars

Take my rating with a grain of salt because my friends LOVED this one. I’ll blame my sorta fail on the fact that I am not a big fan of . . . .

Combined with the fact that everyone else in a book can act like a complete dimwit and do things that are stupid and/or dangerous and I’ll still love it - EXCEPT if that person is a police officer. Occasionally it flies, but usually that gets on my nerves.

The story about Lauren Tranter’s twins will definitely leave readers asking . . . .

Ha! Get it????

As she tries to convince her husband, doctors and the authorities that an encounter with a stranger . . . .

“Choose one. Choose one or I’ll take them both. I’ll take yours and you can have mine. You’ll never know the difference. I can make sure they look just the same. One’s fair. Two is justice done.”

Resulted in changelings being left in her care. Now Lauren has to figure out . . . .

Or since this all revolves around water, maybe more like . . . .

It’s up to the reader to decide if maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s Maybelline a complete mental breakdown courtesy of some severe post-partum psychosis.

ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. If I actually reviewed these in a timely fashion (or ever) maybe I’d be at 80%!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Darlings.

November 30, 2018 – Started Reading
November 30, 2018 – Shelved
December 31, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 7, 2019 – Shelved as: arcs
January 7, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2018
January 7, 2019 – Shelved as: creepy-books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Char (new) - added it

Char Liking without reading too closely, as I have this one coming up. Your rating bums me out though.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Char wrote: "Liking without reading too closely, as I have this one coming up. Your rating bums me out though."

Seriously - everyone else gave this 5 Stars. I think since I lean heavier on thrillers than I do on "horror" or creepy books the police stuff drove me nuttier than it will most other readers.

message 3: by Char (new) - added it

Char So noted! We'll see how it goes, then I'll check back for a more in-depth look at what you had to say.

message 4: by Eilonwy (new)

Eilonwy Sounds intriguing, but (dating myself here!) the title makes me think of that movie with Tatum O'Neal and Kristy McNichol (that I have never actually seen because my parents wouldn't let me go to it, and then it was never on TV when I could watch it, and then I was just too old to care ... but I digress).

I'm not so keen on "but it's up to the reader to decide" type books, though.

Great review! I love the Ursula gif.

message 5: by Kelly (and the Book Boar) (last edited Jan 08, 2019 06:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Eilonwy wrote: "Sounds intriguing, but (dating myself here!) the title makes me think of that movie with Tatum O'Neal and Kristy McNichol (that I have never actually seen because my parents wouldn't let me go to i..."

Oh my god I am old too! Kristy McNichol having horrible first time sex in some like boat shack at summer camp with Matt Dillon.

message 6: by Char (new) - added it

Char LMAO I'm old too then!

I haven't even heard the name Kristy McNichol in decades.

message 7: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna I loved Kristy! :) and love this review too :)

message 8: by Mommacat (new) - added it

Mommacat I started this, but wanted to throw my kindle rather than keep reading. Break time! Maybe I'll go back. Maybe I'll just admit it was a mistake.