Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Winter Solstice

Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand

bookshelves: 2018, amazing-series, bittersweet, christmas, heartbreak, series

What a bittersweet moment to end this book!

Over the past month (I know, I was not suffering through years like so many) I have come to enjoy learning about everything Elin Hilderbrand wanted to tell me about these characters. I have come to adore this not-so-perfect family with their quirks and all.

Bart coming back home from Afghanistan and finally listening to his point of view was something I enjoyed tremendously. He was a man who was suffering and who deserved some happiness.

I was ecstatic to see "Fast Eddie" showing up in this book. I liked him a lot in The Rumor despite getting himself into so much trouble and ending up in jail. Now, as a free man, he was trying to support his family and he was desperate to sell a property in order to keep his family afloat.

As Winter Solstice progresses, we check in with Patrick, Jennifer, Kevin, Isabelle, Ava, Margaret, Mitzi, and of course Kelley.

I won't lie and say that Winter Solstice didn't break my heart. As I approached the ending, I knew where this was going and more than a few tears were shed.

I'm going to miss these characters and my only hope is just like Fast Eddie, Elin Hilderbrand decides to bring them back into her future books.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter Solstice.

November 23, 2018 – Started Reading
December 25, 2018 – Shelved as: bittersweet
December 25, 2018 – Shelved as: christmas
December 25, 2018 – Shelved as: heartbreak
December 25, 2018 – Shelved as: series

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙"

Thank you!!

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review 😃 Always Pleasure L💕ve ツ 🥂🎄

message 4: by Yun (new)

Yun I'm so glad you enjoyed this series, Sheyla... it sounds wonderful. I look forward to picking it up myself at some point. :)

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "I'm so glad you enjoyed this series, Sheyla... it sounds wonderful. I look forward to picking it up myself at some point. :)"
I really did, Yun. It was perfect for this Holiday season :)

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Sounds like a wonderful series!

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Sounds like a wonderful series!"
It is, Holly. Truly enjoyed it.

Sheyla ✎ Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla!"
Thank you, Norma.

Melissa So happy you read this series! 💜

Sheyla ✎ Melissa wrote: "So happy you read this series! 💜"
I loved it..It was so good. Sad ending but expected.

message 12: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Another great review! I really want to read more from this author!

Sheyla ✎ Deanna wrote: "Another great review! I really want to read more from this author!"

Deanna, This series is great!. You should give it a go....