Joleen's Reviews > The Breath of Dawn

The Breath of Dawn by Kristen Heitzmann

bookshelves: abduction, evil, revenge, contemporary-christian-fiction, marriage-of-convenience, tn-reads

I’m vacillating on this one. As much as I love Ms. Heitzmann's writing, actually in awe at times with her word pictures and clarity of thought, this one was hard to put my all into. Oh, there were some scenes with Morgan and his daughter that were so sweet, you just want to have a group hug with them. And there were interesting interactions with Morgan and Quinn as they seemed to resist getting to know each other. But some of it just didn’t seem realistic.

(view spoiler)

But when love began to be realized by them both it was like taking in a breath we were holding.
Sweet family acceptance, and joy to see how Quinn had brought Morgan back to life! There is prayer and asking Jesus for help, and trusting that God is with them in their hard moments.

I loved that Morgan set Quinn straight when she felt praying was using God for people's own gain, and she saw too much of that in her farher's church. Morgan used his illustration of the love he has for his sweet baby, and how much he would do for her. Anything. With this was the logic that God is far more loving and willing to hear our petitions than even Morgan is to little Livvie. Quinn needed that visual because her own father was legalistic and unloving.

I want to give this 3 1/2 stars because of some strangeness, but I do love her writing. So 4 stars it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Breath of Dawn.

November 30, 2018 – Started Reading
November 30, 2018 – Shelved
November 30, 2018 –
1.0% "— Oh no! Poor Morgan!"
December 1, 2018 – Finished Reading