Scooper Speaks's Reviews > A Blood Seduction

A Blood Seduction by Pamela Palmer

Jan 12, 2012

Read in February, 2012

Favorite Lines: "I own you, tessoro. I can watch you whenever I like." Cristo! The wrong thing to say to a woman he wished to calm. "Someday, you will trust me, Quinn Lennox." Though that was probably a lie. And not his first." (p. 82, e-galley)

This is an urban fantasy, not a romance. If you read A Blood Seduction expecting a romance you will be disappointed. As it is, the series is not going to be what people are expecting. I think that works. There can be no tedious "as normal in UF" reviews on this one. I think some people are going to say there is shock factor for the sake of shock. I didn't feel that way.

I was shocked, but I feel each time I felt that way I learned something or a fact about a character was reinforced. I felt like you could never let your guard down 'cause you didn't know what was coming. That edged the story above the norm.

Characters: I'm glad Palmer made Quin (the heroine) a character who cannot forget what she sees. So you know bad things can't be wiped from her memory. There is no he beat her, wiped her memory and now they're in love. Wait for it...until her memory miraculously came back. The hero--Arturo--is a major anti-hero who I spent equal time loving and hating. He is definitely not a romance hero and I don't know how he could ever be the heroine's love. Lust, yes. Love, no way. He's all about saving and satisfying himself. He knows his place in vampire society and is not willing to risk it for Quin. Then there's the bad ass nasty vampire who was so scary evil that I was finally happy. He is no washed out villain. He is truly a vamp to fear. In addition to vampires and magicians, there are shapeshifters.

Conclusion: I was left with many questions at the end of A Blood Seduction. Those questions revolve around the survival of people, places and things. I have to have the next book. The ending of A Blood Seduction cinched my "like" of the book. I was so shocked that I had to love it. Palmer took a chance and I think it paid off.

On a side note: I didn't like the romance tinged description of the book. It did not match the horror-like feel of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Blood Seduction.

Kasia Quinn

Scooper Speaks You're right. Thank you for the correction.

Kasia You're welcome.

Kasia I'm more than half way into the book, cant wait to read all the reviews once I'm done lol.

Scooper Speaks People seem to love it or hate it. I still don't know how the author could ever redeem him to make him hero quality. He is what he is--a creature that thrives off fear. They are some terrible vamps. I have a feeling I"m not going to be happy with the way Quinn is reintroduced to the Vamp City.