Deborah Obida's Reviews > Magic Rises

Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews

bookshelves: paranormal, adult, urban-fantasy, favorite-books

We don’t have a choice in what we are. We do have a choice in who we are.

How is this even possible, this duo still manage to wow me with each book in the same series. This series is fast becoming my favourite UF series.

The magic is A+
Plot A+
Characters A+
Writing A+

There is basically nothing that this series lack, if you doubt me just go read it. There is perfect amount of everything, there all compliment each other. Enough dialogue, fight scenes and even the romance is so well depicted it didn't outshine the plot.

“But I love you and I don’t want you to be hurt. I’m not going to ask you to come with me. That would be like stepping in front of a moving train and saying, ‘Hey, honey, come stand next to me.’”
I hopped off the wall and stood next to him. “Anytime.”
He just looked at me.
“I’ve never killed a train before. It might be fun to try.”

The relationship between the characters is so good, I can feel their love and loyalty for each other even as the book is written in just one person's POV.

Kate the main character is still my favourite in the series, I just can't get tired of being in her head. She is smart, brave, meticulous, selfless and fights like a warrior which she is.

Curran my love was on all the chapters which I love, I just want to be in his head a little. He annoyed me a bit in this book but made up for it.

Derek the Wonderboy didn't have much page space, I wish he was more in this. He is still loyal.

Andrea and Raphael were also here, I so love this couple. They are perfect for each other. Am already jealous of the Bouda Clan for keeping them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Rises.

November 29, 2018 – Shelved
November 29, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 6, 2019 – Shelved as: paranormal
January 6, 2019 – Shelved as: adult
January 6, 2019 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
January 16, 2019 – Started Reading
January 16, 2019 –
page 32
8.7% "“I’m hungry and I don’t have time for this.”
Barabas’s eyes held no mercy. “Make time, Alpha. You have two hands. You can eat and sign simultaneously.”
Curran grinned.
“Enjoying my suffering?” I asked.
“I find it hilarious that you’ll run into a gunfight with nothing but your sword, but paperwork makes you panic.”
Barabas put a thicker stack in front of him. “This is yours, m’lord.”
Curran swore.
"
January 16, 2019 –
page 61
16.58% "The two men looked at me.
“It’s not a bad idea,” Curran said.
“Have you two gone crazy? This is a horrible idea. First, the two of you hate each other.”
“I don’t hate him.” Saiman shrugged. “It’s too strong a word.”
“If I hated him, he’d be dead,” Curran said.
"
January 23, 2019 –
page 130
35.33% "How will they get out of this 🤔"
January 24, 2019 –
page 191
51.9% "I don't care what Curran's reason is or his plans, but keeping Kate out negates everything, given where they are."
January 25, 2019 – Shelved as: favorite-books