David's Reviews > The Verificationist

The Verificationist by Donald Antrim

Jan 12, 2012

Read from January 13 to 14, 2012

Despite how much I look for strange fiction, this is one of the more unique novels I've managed to come across in a long time. It's premise, it's style, it's language, it's characters, it's everything are as fresh and interesting as anything I've seen in a long time. It is a real pleasure to read. I just got into it right form the first page and remained just as interested all the way through. There is wonderful humor as well. Really, it is a wonderful book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Verificationist.

Joseph Michael Owens Yeah, I really dug this book! (Not to mention the intro by George Saunders!!) Matthew Daddona reviewed it for us over at InDigest and I couldn't figure out how I'd missed out on reading it before for so long.

David Joseph M. wrote: "Yeah, I really dug this book! (Not to mention the intro by George Saunders!!) Matthew Daddona reviewed it for us over at InDigest and I couldn't figure out how I'd missed out on reading it before f..."

Because there are billions and billions of books out there.

Joseph Michael Owens True, but this seems like one I'd have gravitated toward already.

David Joseph M. wrote: "True, but this seems like one I'd have gravitated toward already."

But with so many books out there I'm sure there are tons out there that are must reads that we may never find.

Joseph Michael Owens Which is a bummer :(

David Joseph M. wrote: "Which is a bummer :("

Indeed, but we still must plant our garden.