✨ jamieson ✨'s Reviews > Her Royal Highness

Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins

you hetero bitches have been getting "I'm falling in love with a man whoops turns out he's a prince" stories for YEARS and finally, finally us sapphics got ours.

“...No, what surprises me is the sudden, jolting, and undeniable realization that even I didn’t want to, I’ve fallen for an actual princess.”

THIS WAS SO FREAKIN CUTE. I was pretty much just expecting an easy, fluffy, sweet read about girls in love and THAT IS WHAT I GOT. I loved the boarding school setting and the set-up of the relationship between Flora and Millie. Essentially, they're assigned the same dorm room but instantly don't get along very well.

I can definitely see the criticisms for this book - the writing is probably not my favourite and the end of the book happens in a rush. I didn't mind where it went, but they definitely jumped from "getting together" to "desperately in love" way to quick.

That said, I don't really care because I had such a fun time reading this. I essentially only came here for the enemies-to-friends-to-lovers and there is A LOT of build up and tension in this book so it was great. I also really loved the side characters. But most of all, I loved Flora and Millie together. Their banter was sweet and they complimented eachother well.

For a quick and fluffy read I'd recommend, and if you liked Red, White & Royal Blue you should read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Royal Highness.

November 28, 2018 – Shelved
November 28, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 9, 2019 – Started Reading
July 9, 2019 –
page 150
49.34% "This. Is. EVERYTHINGGGGG"
July 9, 2019 –
July 10, 2019 – Shelved as: queer-side-characters
July 10, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
July 10, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
July 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Martina dudeeeeee i saw when the author released the first book because i follow her in twitter, but the cover kinda threw me off bc i thought it was about heteros too, what a beautiful surprise

message 2: by MeaganCM (new) - added it

MeaganCM I died when you said "hetero bitches" 😂😂😂 love this post!

message 3: by Acchupta (new) - added it

Acchupta Factsssss. Time for us sapphics to shine.

Katie Pierce 20biteen ftw

message 5: by yarcu (new) - added it

yarcu Do we need to read the first one to read this second??

✨    jamieson   ✨ yarcu wrote: "Do we need to read the first one to read this second??"

no they are standalones !

message 7: by Ellen Gail (new)

Ellen Gail Have you read His Royal Secret? It's a m/m royal romance!

Feral goblin child 🍃 I never gonna fall in love with a prince...but princesses are on the list ❤️

Natalie So excited for this book! 👏👏👏

Delaney 🏳️‍🌈 Can’t wait to read this

Delaney 🏳️‍🌈 Also the cover belongs in an art museum

message 12: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl Partida You have my hyped for this now after reading that first statement!

message 13: by Sophie (new)

Sophie "You hetero bitches" ok mama 😭😭💀