Christina McDonald's Reviews > The Night Before

The Night Before by Wendy   Walker

bookshelves: well-written-characters, domestic, psychological

Nobody writes damaged characters quite like Wendy Walker! The Night Before is a clever, insightful, shrewdly plotted psychological thriller, which starts out strong and keeps building to a final, heart-pounding conclusion. With a fast pace and life-like characters, this unique and dark story is one you won’t want to miss!

The story follows two sisters, Laura, who is unimaginably damaged from an incident in her childhood, and Rosie, who’s spent her life worrying about Laura. The chapters flow smoothly between each sister and bounce between before the night Laura disappears and after, as Rosie tries to find her.

The intriguing thing about this book is that, while there are surprising twists, they are smooth and realistic, rather than sharp and shocking. Walker’s plotting is so clever that each twist seems inevitable, but only after the fact, making The Night Before an engrossing and stunning tale of sisterly love and dark secrets.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing a copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Before.

Finished Reading
November 27, 2018 – Shelved
November 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: well-written-characters
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: domestic
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: psychological

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Jayme I loved this one too!! 💕

Christina McDonald Jayme wrote: "I loved this one too!! 💕" It's so good! I think Wendy Walker is such a talented author!

Jayme We seem to share the same taste in thrillers! Terrific review!!