Suzana's Reviews > Perfectly Lonely

Perfectly Lonely by Jessica Marin

bookshelves: favorites, romance

5+ stars

*ebook generously provided by the author and I'm leaving an honest review*

This is deep, soulful, emotional, heartfelt, angsty read with all the feels and learning how to te chances. The writing just flowed and had me engrossed to the story from start to finish wanting to find out what happens next. I enjoyed every single minute of it and never wanted it to end. I loved that it was written in dual POV. It was well developed, well written and thought out. It was sweet, angsty and steamy. The characters are amazing and so likeable; loveable and endearing, even though sometimes challenging. It’s easy to fall for them. They have depth, they are complex and perfectly imperfect with complicated pasts.

Layla is a hot mess but she is working on improving herself. She is such an amazing heroine. In my opinion Layla must learn to love herself, let go of the pas, start living for herself again and to learn how to take chances and risks. She is much stronger and braver than she thinks.

Chase is amazing. He also has some atonement to do. Chase is charming, handsome, sexy and really down to earth guy. He needs to let go of his past and overcome a guilt he carries.

description

Layla and Chase! Loved them from the moment I started reading this book. They always try to one up each other and play cat and mouse game. Their chemistry i off the charts. I loved Chase's courtship and the little text messages he was sending Layla. The way he was treating her showed how much he cared about her already and that he wanted her to trust him. Both are going through some grief and pain though for different reasons. I love that they started off as friends, or tried to because their chemistry, connection and pull were evident and strong. The more time they spend together the more feelings are involved. Chase is so patient with her, trying to convience her he isn't the bad guy and that he is worth taking a risk. Their love story isn't easy but certainly is emotional, captivating and beautiful.

Seriously read it, you won't be disappointed. I can't wait for Sean's book - I loved him so much in these 2 books especially in the 1st and he deserves happiness. Highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfectly Lonely.

November 27, 2018 – Started Reading