Cora Tea Party Princess's Reviews > The Christmas Sisters

The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan

5 Words: Christmas, family, secrets, forgiveness, acceptance.

First reviewed on Tea Party Princess.

In the past, Sarah Morgan has been one of my go-to seasonal romance authors and especially Sleigh Bells in the Snow has me coming back year after year. The Christmas sisters is quite different in that the focus is fully on family from the start, and any romance is incidental. And I actually loved it.

The narrative jumps between different characters so that you get to see multiple perspectives. I connected with pretty much all of the characters, which is such a feat when there are so many. I loved exploring the familial relationships, seeing all of the tensions and resentment between the sisters. Their relationship felt so real.

And the setting? Set in the middle of nowhere in Scotland, in winter, it's pretty perfect. Sarah Morgan excels in writing out of the way places, and I honestly felt like I was there.

The Christmas Sisters was a joy to read, and a fantastic way to kick off the festive season in the run up to Christmas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Sisters.

Quotes Cora Liked

She loved living here, in this land of mist and mountains, of lochs and legend.
“She loved living here, in this land of mist and mountains, of lochs and legend.”
Sarah Morgan, The Christmas Sisters

November 27, 2018 – Started Reading
November 27, 2018 – Shelved
November 27, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Yaaaay for more Christmas books!"
December 1, 2018 – Finished Reading