Scarletstories's Reviews > DragonSpell

DragonSpell by Donita K. Paul

Jan 12, 2012

Read in December, 2011

A fantastic, easy-to-follow read. I enjoyed the characters and the plot took several twists and turns I didn't see coming, which is a pleasant surprise for me.

I really loved the character of Kale. She wasn't one of those stereotypical, headstrong female characters who can do anything and doesn't need anyone's help. She was being shoved into a world she didn't understand. She needed help, and she wasn't against apologizing when she did something wrong.

Dar was possibly my favorite character. He was a big brother, best friend, mentor, and protector all rolled into one. I agreed with him when it came to Celisse, and I was touched that his main reasoning was that the dragon had let her anger control her and put Kale in harm's way.

I like all of the different races. Although some of them are similar (mariones and tumanhofers, for example), they are all unique and work into the story really well.

Donita K. Paul has caught me, hook line and sinker, and I look forward to being as enraptured with her next book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read DragonSpell.

Donita Thank you for your kind words. You don't know how much it means to an author (especially and author who is battling her way through another plotline) to receive positive feedback from readers. You are a blessing to me.