Amanda Tamane's Reviews > The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda by Akira Himekawa

Jan 12, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels, fantasy, japanese, manga, video-games, read-in-2012

This is the first of the Legend of Zelda mangas that I've read (which means I'm reading them out of order, but it was the first one I grabbed out of the boxed set that my brother bought me for Christmas), and while it seems that they're meant for a fairly young audience, I enjoyed the simplified telling of the video game plot. The manga was released in chapters at roughly the same time that the game was released in Japan, so a lot of the story is conjecture, and the book contains a non-canonical side story about the origin of Majora's mask that definitely a nice addition. The art is beautiful, and I was interested to find out that Akira Himekawa is a team of two female mangaka that are individually pen-named A. Honda and S. Nagano; the idea that women are less interested in comics and video games than men is an idea that I'm always glad to see contradicted. This book was a very quick read, so I'm looking forward to progressing through the set before long!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Zelda.

January 12, 2012 – Started Reading