Carole (in Canada)'s Reviews > Yuletide: A Jane Austen-inspired Collection Of Stories

Yuletide by Christina Boyd

F 50x66

bookshelves: favorites, short-stories, christmas-stories
Recommended for: Austenesque Readers, Fiction, Romance

"Good tidings we bring to you and your kin."

Good tidings and a worthy cause was the impetus for this heartwarming, poignant, sweet and funny Pride and Prejudice anthology of short stories which I absolutely loved! The line-up of talented authors and the accomplished editor, Christina Boyd, have created a delightful mix of Regency and modern stories that hit just the right chord at this time of year. Each story is lovingly written so grab your favourite cuppa, put your feet up and unwind with a story or two or three to help you re-charge your batteries at this busy time of year and know you are helping to contribute to the Chawton Great House which is now the Centre for the Study of Early Women's Writing, 1600-1830, the former manor of Jane Austen's brother Edward Austen Knight.

1. The Forfeit - Caitlin Williams (Regency)

"The stars knew nothing." (quote from the story)

Snowballs, treasure hunt, a sleigh ride and dancing...this is one short story I was thrilled to see included in this anthology.

2. And Evermore Be Merry - Joana Starnes (Regency)

"But all of us should be permitted to grasp love with both hands if we are fortunate enough to find it." (quote from the story)

A view of the Darcy's family life through the eyes of Georgiana. Ms. Starnes has captured it perfectly.

3. The Wishing Ball - Amy d'Orazio (Modern)

"Fate is coming after you." (quote from the story)

Now this fantastical story was pure modern magic!

4. By A Lady - Lona Manning (Regency)

"We are speaking of happiness." (quote from the story)

This is a poignant tale that had me in tears. I was so deeply moved, that I did not want it to end...I wanted more.

5. Homespun for the Holidays - J. Marie Croft (Modern)

"Too late. I'm already falling for you." (quote from the story)

Oh, yes, the falling was hard and there was plenty of humble pie! This one had me laughing out loud.

6. The Season for Friendly Meetings - Anngela Schroeder (Regency)

"You must never judge the character of others without first looking at your own faults." (quote from the story)

I just loved Colonel Fitzwilliam in this one and his approach to solving gossip in a ballroom. This one was short but sweet!

7. Mistletoe Mismanagement - Elizabeth Adams (Regency)

"Everything was in place and she was fully prepared for any eventuality." (quote from the story)

I just don't think Elizabeth realized what that eventuality would be...nor did Darcy. It's all in a name and who your neighbours are!

I highly recommend each and every one of these stories. They will wrap around your heart and linger like a cozy blanket.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yuletide.

November 26, 2018 – Shelved
November 26, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 12, 2018 – Started Reading
December 12, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "I'm so excited! My books arrived today and I just had to start reading this one!"
December 13, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
December 13, 2018 – Shelved as: short-stories
December 13, 2018 – Shelved as: christmas-stories
December 13, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Marlene (new) - added it

Marlene Great summaries without giving too much away. 😊

Carole (in Canada) Thank you Marlene!