Nichole's Reviews > Highland Captive

Highland Captive by Alyson McLayne

Thank you to NetGalley and SourceBooks Casablanca for this ARC.

I have been waiting forever to read this book! I am so glad that I was able to get an ARC for this book. I have been following this series by Alyson McLayne for a while now and I absolutely adore her books and her writing.

Highland Captive was everything that I had been waiting for from this character. I was really looking forward to reading about Gavin's story as the mystery surrounding the disappearance of his son was one I really wanted to unravel. I loved the character of Deirdre, she was a fierce mama-bear who would do anything for her son, even if it meant keeping him away from Gavin. This story was romantic, heartbreaking and emotional. I found myself with tears on my face more than once while reading this book. I especially like how all the characters from the previous books make an appearance in this book too, so we can still read about how the other characters are living their lives. The other mystery part of this book, which is who is causing all this chaos in these characters lives, still remains a mystery which I think will be revealed (finally) in the next installment. I cannot wait for the next book in this series! I seriously recommend this book to any of my fellow Scottish/highland romance lovers, it is sure to be one that you enjoy!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Captive.

Finished Reading