Píaras Cíonnaoíth's Reviews > Las Vegas Crime

Las Vegas Crime by Leslie Wolfe

A first-class thriller with perfect pacing...

Bestselling author Leslie Wolfe weaves another great mystery, thriller and suspense, with intriguing twists and turns that will easily captivate the reader’s attention from the beginning. The author paints a gripping and spellbinding detective story in a very vivid and convincing way. In addition, the characters are drawn with great credibility and conviction. It’s a fast-paced novel that will keep you engaged from the first page to the last.

The book description gives a sneak preview: ‘Detectives Laura Baxter and Jack Holt are members of the elite: Las Vegas Metro PD, one of the toughest and most respected law enforcement agencies in the United States. In the middle of a city with two million residents and 43 million annual visitors, they’re searching for a missing girl and the ruthless killers who snatched her.

When a teenage girl is daringly kidnapped from her school, minutes after being dropped off, a frenzied search begins, involving the entire police force of a city that never sleeps. But for Detectives Baxter and Holt this isn’t a crime like any other; it is personal.

A bold and merciless serial killer preys on young girls and leaves them out to die in the cold and dreadful expanse of the Mojave Desert, unable to move, to scream, to fight for their lives.

Now Detective Holt is faced with an agonizing decision: he can sacrifice all that he holds dear or jeopardize the life of an innocent girl, his own flesh and blood. The man holding all the cards in this game of life and death isn’t willing to negotiate; he’s only willing to kill…’

Las Vegas Crime: A Gripping Serial Killer Thriller (Baxter and Holt Book 3) had every element a good story should have. An intriguing plot, attention to detail, but best of all fleshed out, well-written and well-rounded character development. There’s an abundance of well-illustrated scenes that make you feel like you are right there in the story, and that’s something I really look for in a good book.

Very interesting and appealing, this work had me engrossed from the beginning. The story flowed from scene to scene with ease, and the author shows exceptional ability (as always) when it comes to storytelling. There is plenty of non-stop action in this page turner that will take the reader on a truly gripping and intriguing journey.

I enjoyed the story, character development, and dialogue. There were plenty of plot twists that I didn’t see coming and that added to the book's mystique. When I stopped reading to work, I found myself wondering what happened in the book, and replaying parts of the novel in my head to see if I could figure more out. It has been a while since I enjoyed a book this much. A first-class thriller with perfect pacing. Not much is as it appears here, which is just the way fans of mystery, thriller and suspense will want it.

I’m a big fan of this author so I’ll be looking forward to reading more from Leslie Wolfe in the future. I would recommend this book and would add that it has a distinctly cinematic feel to it. I see no reason why it couldn’t be adapted for the Silver Screen or a TV detective series. Five stars from me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Las Vegas Crime.

November 25, 2018 – Shelved