Heather Denkmire's Reviews > Thinking, Fast and Slow

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

it was ok

This was exhausting. Of course it was complicated and detailed, but it essentially boils down to showing that people use intuition to make decisions when rational thought (algorithms) probably make "more optimal" choices. It discusses the different ways that logic is more tiring but is necessary to manage the loopy decisions of intuition.

It's more involved than that, but I feel like I've read several books in the last year or so that pull data from the same studies. Most of the books I've read probably take data and information from Kahneman's own work, actually.

I can't say I would recommend this book as it was so much like a text book. He tried, it seemed, to make it personable and accessible, but it was dry and dull for the most part. I was really glad when it was over. That said, if you haven't read much about how our minds make decisions it's got all of the foundation of the most recent information and would be a good primer on the subject.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thinking, Fast and Slow.

January 11, 2012 – Started Reading