Emme 's Reviews > The Immolation of Eve

The Immolation of Eve by Helen Sarah Fields

Bitch Factor 10 rating-- 4.8

The blurb for this book suggests that The Immolation of Eve is a "scorching fantasy romance" and "the start of an epic adventure of seduction, loss, love and revenge." Ok, I'll (mostly) buy that description-- it is well-deserved (my quibble is with this being an "epic" adventure). Fields writing style is disarmingly understated, which seems at odds with the thriller undercurrent of the story. Eve McKenzie, a British solicitor, has lived through a harrowing experience when the train she is on wrecks while she is investigating a Krakow rape case. As Eve, the sole survivor of the crash, tries to reassemble her life and work she discovers that there might be a connection between the train wreck, the rape investigation and a recent discovery about her parentage. Eve's quest for truth and a need to quench her sexual desires take her to many unexpected places-- from San Francisco and Carmel to a demon world where everyone is not quite as them seem.

The Immolation of Eve was a page-turner for me and raptly held my interest-- almost to the very end. While most readers will be happy with the ending of this paranormal tale, I wanted a few more easter eggs pointing to a sequel-- any indication of this was far too subtle for me to pick up, but this in no way detracted from my enjoyment of the book.

I highly recommend The Immolation of Eve for paranormal romance and fantasy readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immolation of Eve.

January 11, 2012 – Started Reading
January 11, 2012 – Shelved
January 12, 2012 –
32.0% "Is anyone familiar with the author of this book? I want some biographical info for my blog and review"
January 14, 2012 – Finished Reading