Nile Princess's Reviews > Fog: A Novel of Desire and Reprisal

Fog by Jeff Mann

6203427
So technically my rating for this book would be about 55 stars not 5 and, given the content, I think I am beginning to scare myself. :=)

My brain is still pinging around in my skull but just to get a few thoughts out there. This is an unbelievably HOT and well written book. It is extremely dark and gritty, and definitely not for everyone. The BDSM is not for beginners; throw in the pretty graphic rape scene, the knife play and the musky, manly lovemaking and WELL, you've counted alot of people out but... BUT the prose is so poetic and beautiful, and the characters so vividly drawn that you can't help but become totally immersed in the drama surrounding these three men. The book addresses very taboo subjects but, within that, there is a humanizing of the characters, even the 'bad' ones that makes it a very nuanced and three-dimensional story. I do have a soft spot for big, beefy bears and so I LOVED Al. Jeff does BDSM the way I like it, which is with a thoughtfulness and gentleness outside of (and sometimes during) 'play' and with a window into the 'master/daddy's mindset. Through it we see how the dom is as dependent on the sub as the sub is on him. Apart from all this, Al was just a good, kind, loyal (and kinky) man who was in a dysfunctional relationship and wanting to please his husbear.

I found the ending quite fitting and realistic and this is definitely a book I will read again and again AND AGAIN. Will look for more by this author.

ETA: Re-read Sep 14, 2015. Yeppp, still absolutely love it. I would so love a sequel, though I guess the ending here is fitting. I just want more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fog.

January 11, 2012 – Shelved
January 16, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 21, 2012 – Shelved as: southern-appalachian-stories
February 3, 2012 – Shelved as: no-longer-lendable
August 15, 2012 – Shelved as: dmc

Monique ~ Sinfully Love the review NP... I am looking forward to this one! Should I really be saying that!?!

Nile Princess I just re-read my tags and am mildly disturbed that 'unbelievably awesome' is smack dab in the middle of rape, violence and kidnapping lol. Crazy I tell you. *Throws up DMC gang sign*

message 3: by Em (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Great review! I love all the 'musky, manly lovemaking':) Will finish it tonight, though not really sure how I think the ending will go and how I really want it to go:/ Can't make up my mind yet. Just waiting for Jay to arrive back after the snow storm:(

Nile Princess Yay! You gave it five stars!

message 5: by Em (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Nile Princess wrote: "Yay! You gave it five stars!"

I did, couldn't give it anything less, I loved it! Shame I finished it so quickly:(