Carla-Book Monster Reviews's Reviews > Voodoo Dues

Voodoo Dues by Stephany Simmons

Jan 11, 2012

Review by Book Monster's Guest Reviewer: Carlyn

I really loved the characters in this novel and I think they took the story to a whole new level. Figg is a great character with her unique fashion sense and her fascinating personality, she really brought this story to life for me. Lian was also as likeable but he couldn't be more different to Figg. He is quiet and mild mannered but as they story goes on we find out he is much more than a quiet bar owner.

The story is full of action which kept me jumping from one page to the next and it flowed very smoothly. The action sequences were really well written and pulled me right in. The dialogue is sharp and witty and had me laughing out load at times. The budding attraction between Figg and Lian is sweet and unsure. What I really enjoyed though was Figg's reaction to the paranormal world she has been thrown into. She doesn't just accept it as I've seen some other heroine's do in other books which drives me crazy, but she struggles to accept it and gets scared.

The only complaints I have about the story is that it was too short! I wanted to read so much more in this story. I would also have liked to learn more about Figg and Lian's past and how they came to be the people they are.

This is a sharp, witty, action packed short story. You will laugh out loud and you will be turning pages as fast as you can to see what happens next. I can't wait for the next installment in Figg and Lian's story!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voodoo Dues.