Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > The Lady Is Daring

The Lady Is Daring by Megan Frampton

bookshelves: library-love, 4-stars, fav-historical-books, favorites

The Lady is Daring is book three in the Duke’s Daughters series by Megan Frampton. This is my first time reading Frampton and I enjoyed The Lady is Daring. Now I'm a person who reads series in order, I just prefer it that way, but I will say that this book stands well all by itself, but if you enjoy reading a series in order then I’d suggest you do that.

Ida Howlett is the third daughter of the Duke of Marymount, and while her sisters have made wonderful matches and pleased her parents, she’s not interested in marriage. She wants to live her own life, free to explore topics that take her interest, and if there’s a little adventure in the mix– all to the better.

Bennett, Lord Carson has successfully managed to avoid marital entanglements to this point, serving as ‘matchmaker’ for the first two of the sisters of the Duke of Marymount. Pressures from all sides, is stressing him out, and to add to that his father is determined that he marry a Duke’s daughter and bring a not so insignificant dowry into the family coffers.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I enjoyed this book more then I expected. I was glad we didn’t get a marriage due to statues or societies wants. I don’t think I would have liked this story if it turned out that way.

What I really liked was Ida our heroine. For the time period she is in, she’s interesting, intriguing, intelligent and for her to be that head strong, well it’s not acceptable, so I really enjoyed her. Some surprising circumstances have Bennett talking to Ida for the fist time with out societies pressures and several eyes on them. He starts to see her in a different light. I liked how Bennett and Ida ended up on an adventure together. Their interactions were cleverly plotted, and Ida’s realization that everything that made her ‘undesirable’ to most are what intrigues Bennett. The author wove in wonderful revelations to their personalities, opinions, along with some moments from both Bennett’s and Ida’s viewpoints, and the sheer excitement of the adventure all added to the story.

The Lady is Daring was a lovely novel to read. It’s witty, humorous, and entertaining.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady Is Daring.

November 23, 2018 – Started Reading
November 24, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
November 24, 2018 – Shelved as: 4-stars
November 24, 2018 – Shelved as: fav-historical-books
November 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Great review!!😉💖

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Great review!!😉💖"

Thank's!