Jena Henry's Reviews > The Twelve Dice of Christmas

The Twelve Dice of Christmas by Gail Oust

I love discovering a new book and if it’s a series, and features a Christmas story- then yes, Santa, please tuck it in my stocking! You may want to ask Santa for this gift, too. Author Gail Oust published 9 romances before she retired. After she “supposedly” stopped working, she decided to write a cozy mystery series, and this is the 4th book featuring heroine Kate McCall and the mysteries she decides to solve.

Kate is one of The Bunco Babes, all retired gals who live near Serenity Cove in South Carolina. Kate originally hailed from Ohio. Her husband recently passed away, but enough time has gone by and she has found a good friend and companion in Bill. If you are like me and haven’t read the previous books in the series- no worries at all. The author deftly reveals any back story that we would need to enjoy the book. I bonded right away with Kate.

The Bunco Babes are feeling festive and they are planning a cookie exchange and ugly sweater contest for their last game session of the season. As they plan their holidays, they decide to help an elderly friend decorate her house for the annual charity Christmas Home Tour. The Bunco Babes swing in to action, and in the process of prepping the house, Kate discovers a skeleton. Kate now has a twenty-five-year-old mystery to contend with. Can she solve it?

I don’t know about you- but I have enough to do during the holidays without worrying about murder. But Kate has a good heart and soon she is on the trail. I had fun as she meets a variety of ornery suspects, all the while dealing with her Bunco friends. Bill and she have a lovely relationship and that was fun to read about, too. At the end of the book is a recipe for Pecan Tassies. You’ll enjoy this sweet Christmas mystery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twelve Dice of Christmas.

Finished Reading