Fran's Reviews > WitchBlood

WitchBlood by Emma Mills

5019691
Jan 11, 2012

liked it

I have to admit I have mixed feelings about thins book. Although I didn't get hooked until almost halfway, I have to say that the beginning sounded very real.
Emma described perfectly the attack scene, making me feel like I was there in that alley, feeling fear and panicking. The good thing of the initial few chapters is that even if the story is fictional, it's told in a way that it could be easily projected to real life. Vampires are not real. They don't exist. I can see how Jess' reactions are perfectly normal, I would have freaked out myself.
At first, her lineage is a bit confusing, the witch part coming out of nowhere and out of the blue, but those who are familiar with who I am, know that witchcraft has always fascinated me. So I kept reading, waiting to see how this was going to develop.
After chapter 6 I finally got really involved with the story. However, there was not a single character I felt a connection with, and that's probably one of the reasons I was a bit put off.
I haven't mentioned the witch part in depth as I wanted to spend a few words on it separately. Being half-vampire/half-witch makes Jess a very unique character, and I'm really curious to know if and how she manages to control her power. She hasn't been very successful so far and reading Witchcraft first chapter (Book #2) only made me want to read the whole story, hoping to get answers to the questions that the end of book #1 left me with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read WitchBlood.

January 11, 2012 – Shelved