Christine's Reviews > Claustrophilia

Claustrophilia by Ezra Blake

bookshelves: dnf

DNF @ 50% - I wasn’t sure how to rate this so I didn’t. Especially since I didn’t finish it. This book literally tortured me and left me afraid of small spaces. There were moments where I had to pause, curl up, cringe in my bed and look at pictures of kittens just to remember there is beauty in this world. So I guess the book did what it was set out to do 🤷🏽‍♀️.
I love a dark romance but this was beyond what I could have imagined. I don’t actually think you can call it a romance but again I didn’t finish it so I’m not sure how things end up progressing between the two MC’s (main crazies 😜).
I need a hug 😢.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claustrophilia.

November 22, 2018 – Shelved
November 22, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 25, 2018 – Started Reading
November 26, 2018 –
15.0% "I’m not sure if I can survive this and it’s only the beginning 🥴"
November 28, 2018 –
30.0% "I really hate that box"
November 29, 2018 – Shelved as: dnf
November 29, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Shile (last edited Nov 29, 2018 11:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shile Can i say, i told you to be really sure? It is not romance, it is horror and dark erotica. This book is beyond the normal and not for everyone.
Sorry for the dnf. 😧Huuuggss..

message 2: by Simone (last edited Nov 29, 2018 11:00PM) (new)

Simone I know I couldn't do it, so kudos for trying! :) ~hugs~

message 3: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Thanks Simone! Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me. But now I know there is such thing as too dark. For me at least.

message 4: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Thanks for the hugs Shile!

message 5: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine I think I tend to use the word romance too loosely. I wasn’t expecting walks in the park but maybe just a spark of doubt or remorse on Ivans part for what he was doing to Chris. Maybe a turning point where Chris was no longer his victim but his partner in crime and lover.
Or an investigation going on to find the butcher as part of the storyline.

Shile Christine wrote: "I think I tend to use the word romance too loosely. I wasn’t expecting walks in the park but maybe just a spark of doubt or remorse on Ivans part for what he was doing to Chris. Maybe a turning poi..."

I believe this was written exclusively as a horror and there is no victim here they are all psychos (view spoiler)

Shile Christine wrote: "Thanks for the hugs Shile!"

Go drown yourself in some fluff. This one will stay with you for a while, but lots of fluff will help. 💖💝

Xia Xia Lake Oh Christine... you stopped right before the REAL crazy happened, the one that gave all of us nightmares. So it's better this way :) Have fun with your next read.

message 9: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Well Shile just slipped me a little info on the side that has me super curious so I’m going to continue. Hopefully curiosity doesn’t kill this cat.

Xia Xia Lake WAIT WHAT? If the first 50% were too dark, the next are beyond anything dark you could imagine. Are you absolutely sure you want to continue?

message 11: by Shile (last edited Nov 30, 2018 04:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shile Yeah! What Xia said. ^^^^ The next part is over dark, don't do it out of curiosity. You will end up disappointed because of the darkness. Do it because you can handle darker content than the first 50 %.

message 12: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine I have quitting but you ladies may be right 😞

Shile Christine wrote: "I have quitting but you ladies may be right 😞"

Yes we are.. Stay Far! Far! away from the second part. You might never recover.

message 14: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine 😂😂 ok

Moony Eliver Ho boy. I know you don't need an echo, but here I am anyway. (view spoiler)

I loved this book because of the brilliant writing, but my tolerance level is extremely fucking high. Writing skill matters more to me than content, so I think this is a "know thyself" thing! I wish you the best experience with your next read. 😊

message 16: by Teal (new) - added it

Teal *hugs* Christine, I understand your curiosity and think you've been very brave! But it sounds like your friends have your best interests at heart in telling you to back away. Have some more *hugs* now, because it sounds like you need them.

message 17: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Thanks Teal and Mooney!!!

message 18: by Christelle (new)

Christelle Here : big hugs :-) To each one its limits !!

message 19: by Christine (new) - added it