Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)'s Reviews > To Kill a Kingdom

To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo

“I’ve made a mistake. It started with a prince, as most stories do. Once I felt the thrum of his heart beneath my fingers, I couldn’t forget it.”

So, I fell in love with the cover before I even knew what this book was about. I read the synopsis and knew that I had to get my hands on this little book. Vicious sirens, pirates, and definitely not your typical under the sea story.

The story is told from two points of view. The first being Lira, who is also dubbed the Princes’ Bane. Our vicious and fearless siren who has a collection of seventeen hearts. Royal might I mention. She’s also the heir to the siren kingdom. I loved Lira the moment I started reading. I loved seeing how she developed throughout the story and frankly, she is very amusing. She went through some tormenting things as a child and it was nice to see how she choses to deal with everything throughout the book. Trying to slowly change what her mother made her.

“In my heart, I’m as wild as the ocean that raised me.”

The second is Elian, who is dubbed the Siren Hunter. Also, the prince of Midas and the pirate captain of the Saad. Elian sets sail with his crew to rid the kingdoms of the sirens that have been lurking in their waters for decades. Elian was by far my favorite. I loved his interaction with his crew. I loved how protecting they were of one another.

“Technically, I’m a murderer, but I like to think that’s one of my better qualities.”

The story was absolutely fantastic. What could be better than sirens, pirates and betrayal? A wonderful and fun read. The book reveal towards the end was one I was excited about, but was also dreading. The final battle was also pretty epic and kept me on the edge of my seat. And who doesnt love the enemies to lovers trope? I know I do.

The entirety of this book was perfect. Even if you don’t usually gravitate to this type of genre I would highly recommend that you read this one. I havent read any mermaid/siren books aside from this one and Sea Witch. Both that I really enjoyed. So do yourselves a favor and add this to your TBR.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Kill a Kingdom.

Quotes Noura Liked

Alexandra Christo
“And the ocean, calling out to us both. A song of freedom and longing.”
tags: ocean

Alexandra Christo
“In my heart, I’m as wild as the ocean that raised me.”

November 22, 2018 – Shelved