Melanie's Reviews > A Deeper Love

A Deeper Love by Cassandra Clare

“…those two twin souls, the only souls she had ever loved.”

Friends, I was not expecting a WWII story set in London that starred Tessa Gray and Catarina Loss working as nurses. But oh my gosh, it was so beautifully and hauntingly unexpected. And there is still a Shadow Market that they bargain at, but even the paranormal war is impacted (both positively and negatively) by war. And Brother Zachariah just happens to be at the Shadow Market, where bombs are dropping from the sky, while he gets into his own altercation with a fae who thinks he is meddling in affairs that do not involve him. And I believe the point of this story was that we get to see that weapon poison that Julian and Emma deal with in Lady Midnight. I also cried for probably a third of this just because Brother Zachariah and Tessa both dealing with loss, while healing and living with love, just guts me every time. It’s so pure, and so hopefully, and just gives me all the feelings under the sun. The power of love is something so strong, and this story just left me in awe, honestly.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

(I read this in Ghosts of the Shadow Market!) ✨

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Deeper Love.

Finished Reading
November 21, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
November 21, 2018 – Shelved as: shifters
November 21, 2018 – Shelved as: vampires
November 21, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Melissa ~ Missy (FrayedBooks) I'm actually jealous you're reading all the Shadowhunter stories back to back because you can easily see the connections! I'm struggling to remember all the finer details LOL, I'm even rereading LoS now so I'm ready for QoAaD! I wish I could just remember all the details, there's so much connected in this world~

Melanie Melissa ~ Missy (FrayedBooks) wrote: "I'm actually jealous you're reading all the Shadowhunter stories back to back because you can easily see the connections! I'm struggling to remember all the finer details LOL, I'm even rereading Lo..."

Hehe, I feel really blessed. Especially with Kit looking for.... his family *wink* so it really made me appreciate this one! I am so happy you're rereading! Like, this series is all I want to talk about now! Hahaha! I can't wait to read QoAaD with you and the rest of the community in.... LESS THAN TWO WEEKS! AHHHH! 💖xx

message 3: by Jorleny (new) - added it

Jorleny Yo jorleny

Melissa ~ Missy (FrayedBooks) Melanie wrote: "Melissa ~ Missy (FrayedBooks) wrote: "I'm actually jealous you're reading all the Shadowhunter stories back to back because you can easily see the connections! I'm struggling to remember all the fi..."

I feel the same way, I just want to talk Shadowhunters 24/7!! The hype is reallllll!!! I can't believe QoAaD is ALMOST HERE. I AM READYYYYY!!! Enjoy finishing Ghosts of the Shadowmarket~! (I still have the last one to read myself lol~)

message 5: by Jorleny (new) - added it